SVP – Boards with Brains
I am excited to work with Social Venture Partners and teach their Board Governance 101 class on October 7.
The Boards with Brains professional development series was designed for nonprofit Board and staff leaders to help build alignment around leadership best practices within their organizations.
In my session, attendees will learn how to be conscientious board directors who understands their roles in relationship to the organization. Through understanding the fundamentals of board governance, attendees will be better positioned to contribute their skills in a way that is valued by the organization.
Attendees of this session can expect to:
- Explore the difference between nonprofit and corporate boards;
- Recognize the different committees that make up a board and their responsibilities;
- Understand the time commitment for a board director;
- Better define your role as a board director and understand how you differ from a staff member;
- Receive learning tools to help you navigate your new role as a board director.
To register, click here.
For more information on board governance and board diversity, follow along on Twitter or Instagram. Nikki McCord is the founder of McCord Consulting Group, the only choice for organizations looking to energize, innovate, and diversify their Board of Directors.